Battery Evaluation Specialists
Since its establishment in September 2015 as a testing institute specializing in secondary batteries, the Energy Device Environmental Test Center has performed hundreds of tests every year, and the results have contributed to the development of Japan’s secondary battery industry.
Armed with precise knowledge and skills, Center staff is dedicated to meeting the needs of customers through a wide range of services, including for single-cell batteries and packed systems, and for charging/discharging in safety limit testing.
Conformance (certification) testing
The Center’s results are backed by standard-certified quality control and evaluation technologies.
- UN ECE-R100.Series2 Part.Ⅱ
- UN recommended transport test UN38.3 for lithium-ion batteries
Safety testing and charge/discharge testing
The Center’s staff handles all aspects of testing—from meetings to performing the tests—relying on vast testing experience and specialized equipment to provide concrete solutions.
Take advantage of our unique services and experiences at every stage, from deciding on a testing method to applying for accreditation.
The Center can evaluate various products, including cells, modules, and packs.
Battery degradation testing and characterization results can be provided in a wide variety of formats.
We also provide traceability with official certification documents and tests.
- Request Procedure
- Laboratory Testing Services
- List of Laboratory Testing
- Damp Heat Test / Cold Test
- Dry Heat Test
- Rapid Change Temperature Test
- Air to Air Thermal Shock Test
- Liquid to Liquid Thermal Shock Test
- Combined Sequential Cold, Low Air Pressure and Damp Heat Test
- Dew Cycle Test
- HAST (Highly Accelerated Stress Test)
- Vibration Test/Combined Climatic (Temperature/Humidity) and Dynamic (Vibration/Shock) Test
- Salt Mist, Cyclic (Sodium Chloride Solution) Test
- Drop Test
- Sand and Dust Test
- Battery Charge-Discharge Test
- Battery External Short Circuit Test
- Battery Nail Penetration Test
- Cell Safety Test
- PID Test (Chamber Method)
- Power Cycling Test
- Conductor Resistance Evaluation
- Insulation Resistance Evaluation
- Test Facility Information