Countermeasures Against and the Status of the Spreading of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Jul. 28, 2020
We would like to express our deepest sympathies to those infected or otherwise affected by the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). We also sincerely hope that those people who have lost their lives rest in peace.
ESPEC CORP. is working to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in accordance with the policies and requests of national and local governments so as to protect the safety of our customers, business partners, and regional communities as well as the safety of our employees and their families. Furthermore, although the Japanese government rescinded the state of emergency in all cities and prefectures on May 25, 2020, moving forward, we will still strive to continue business operations while also carrying out appropriate policies to prevent infections. To all involved parties, we humbly ask for your understanding in this matter.
■Status of ESPEC CORP.
(1) The Fukuchiyama Plant (Kyoto) is continuing manufacturing while implementing infection prevention countermeasures.
(2) Sales and service facilities across Japan are continuing operation by way of telecommuting and staggered work hours.
(3) To ensure that they can be used safely by our customers, our laboratory testing service facilities across Japan are continuing operations while thoroughly implementing infection prevention measures. For more details, access the following URL. https://www.espec.co.jp/english/products/trustee/
(4) We have reduced the hours that the Customer Support Desk is open to 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We apologize for any inconvenience but kindly ask for your understanding in this matter.
Customer Support Desk: https://www.espec.co.jp/english/inquiry/customer-oversea.php
■Status of subsidiaries
|Company name||Business details||Status|
|ESPEC TEST SYSTEM CORP.||Development, manufacturing, and sales of environmental testing equipment||Business operations will continue through the use of measures such as telecommuting to prevent our customer's businesses from being affected.|
|ESPEC MIC CORP.||Plant factory business, restoration of natural environment, development/manufacturing/sales of environmental testing devices||Business operations will continue through the use of measures such as telecommuting to prevent our customer's businesses from being affected.|
|ESPEC KYUSHU CORP.||Sales of physicochemical devices, analytical devices, and semiconductor-related devices||An employee at the principal office (Kitakyushu City) was confirmed on July 23 as having contracted the novel coronavirus. However, the employee was confirmed as not having come into close contact with others within the company. We will be taking appropriate infection prevention measures as we continue to carry out business operations.|
|Company name||Business details||Status|
|SHANGHAI ESPEC ENVIRONMENTAL EQUIPMENT CORP.||Design and manufacturing of environmental testing equipment||Business as usual as of the end of March|
|ESPEC TEST EQUIPMENT (GUANGDONG) CO., LTD.||Manufacturing and sales of environmental testing equipment||Business as usual as of the end of March|
|ESPEC ENVIRONMENTAL EQUIPMENT (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD.||Sales and after service of environmental testing equipment||Continuing operations (including telecommuting) at all sales offices (Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Suzhou, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Xi'an, and Chengdu)|
|ESPEC TEST TECHNOLOGY (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD.||Commissioned testing services for environmental testing||Business as usual at all test facilities (Shanghai and Suzhou)|
|ESPEC NORTH AMERICA, INC.||Development, manufacturing, sales, and servicing of environmental testing equipment, HALT/HASS testing chambers||Business as usual as of the middle of May in plants (in Michigan and Colorado)
Continuing office operations by way of telecommuting
|ESPEC EUROPE GmbH||Sales and service of environmental
|Continuing business as usual (including telecommuting)|
|ESPEC KOREA CORP.||Manufacturing and sales of environmental testing equipment||Business as usual|
|ESPEC ENGINEERING (THAILAND) CO., LTD.||Product sales, maintenance and inspection, after sales service Commissioned testing services||Continuing operations by way of telecommuting|
|ESPEC ENGINEERING VIETNAM CO., LTD.||Product maintenance and inspection, after sales service||Continuing operations by way of telecommuting|
■Initiatives for preventing the spread of infections
To ensure the safety of our employees and to ensure business continuity, we have established and are complying with infection prevention measures based on the policies of federal and local governments and the Guidelines for Preventing the Spread of Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) in Offices provided by the Japan Business Federation.
- 1. Avoiding the three Cs (Closed spaces, Crowded spaces, and Close-contact settings) to prevent droplet infection.
(Ventilate office spaces at least 2 times every hour, maintain social distancing of 2 meters (or at least 1 meter), etc.)
- 2. Maintaining clean environments inside offices to prevent contact infection.
(For example, disinfecting work areas, using hand sanitizer upon entry to buildings, and wearing masks)
- 3. Recommending telecommuting and staggered work hours to change working methods.
■ Notices Regarding the Novel Coronavirus to Date
- July 28, 2020 — Regarding the Recent Novel Coronavirus Infection at an ESPEC Subsidiary
- June 1, 2020 — Countermeasures Against and the Status of the Spreading of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) (Updated)
- April 16, 2020 — Countermeasures Against and the Status of the Spreading of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Corporate Communication Department ESPEC CORP.