Setting Environment Targets for FY2025 as the 8th Medium-Term Plan on the Environment Contributing through business with customers involved with developing green technologies
July 19, 2022
ESPEC CORP. (Principal office: Kita-ku, Osaka City; Representative Director and President: Satoshi Arata) has formulated the 8th Medium-Term Pladen on the Environment (FY2022–FY2025) as a strategy to strengthen its management base under the “Progressive Plan 2025”—the medium-term management plan that kicked off this year—and has begun working toward achieving the company’s FY2025 environment targets.
The 8th Medium-Term Plan on the Environment includes increased efforts toward combating global warming and conserving biodiversity based on a basic policy of “Contributing through business with customers involved with developing green technologies.”
In terms of goals for the 8th Medium-Term Plan on the Environment, the long-term goal is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 60% of FY2019 levels for SCOPE 1+2 (in-house emissions) and 30% for SCOPE 3 (indirect emissions) by FY2030 and with appropriate interim goals included.
Specifically, ESPEC aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 55% for SCOPE 1+2 (in-house emissions) and 10% for SCOPE 3 (indirect emissions) by FY2025 compared to FY2019 levels. The plan also includes biodiversity preservation goals of planting 50,000 trees through environmental preservation business and a fixed CO2 contribution of 95 tons (cumulative total).
Major initiatives include adopting refrigerants with a low GWP (global warming potential) and developing energy-saving, environmentally friendly products. The plan also calls for contributing to biodiversity preservation through environmental preservation business and for starting new forestation efforts through the operation of a “Corporate Forest” in Sanda, Hyogo.
Under the 8th Medium-Term Plan on the Environment, ESPEC is committed to reducing its environmental load and adopting environmental preservation activities in addition to promoting business activities toward a sustainable society.
Long-Term Environment Targets
■ Environment targets for FY2030
- ・Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 60% for SCOPE 1+2 and 30% for SCOPE 3 (compared with FY2019 levels)
Outline of the 8th Medium-Term Plan on the Environment (FY2022-FY2025)
■ Basic Policy
Make contributions through business to customers who are developing green technology
■ Environment Targets for FY2025
- ・Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 55% for SCOPE 1+2 and 10% for SCOPE 3 (compared with FY2019 levels)
- ・Contribution of 95t (total) of carbon fixation through 50,000 trees planted by ESPEC MIC Corp.
- ・Biodiversity conservation activities through a Corporate Forest in Sanda City, Hyogo Prefecture
■ Main Initiatives
Global warming countermeasure
- ・Adopt low-GWP (global warming potential) refrigerants and develop energy-saving and environmentally friendly products
- ・Promote cooperative activities with business partners
- ・Reduce CO2 emissions in business activities (Increase in-house power generation rates, introduce renewable energy, etc.)
- ・Promote forestation activities through environmental preservation business
- ・Operate the “Corporate Forest” in Sanda, Hyogo
- ・Further develop human resources through environmental education at ESPEC Green School
Sustainability Management Department ESPEC CORP.E-MAIL:firstname.lastname@example.org