High-temperature exposure up to 300°C, allowing high heat load
Today, the automotive industry accelerates electronic multi-functions. According to this trend, safety standards such as ISO26262 and IEC61508 require high environmental stress that is generated by thermal shock chambers for higher reliability of vehicle equipments.
The power semiconductors required for power conversion circuits in the power supply control of home appliances and motor control of hybrid vehicles for high efficiency use of electrical energy are changing from silicon to silicon carbide (SiC). Silicon carbide, with its low power loss, pressure resistance, and high thermal conductivity, is being heralded as the next-generation power semiconductor. These next-generation power semiconductors are required to be heat resistant to high-temperature stress resulting from high-capacity current, and, therefore, ESPEC offers thermal shock chambers with temperature control up to 300°C.
- Increased high-temperature exposure to +300°C.
- Perform two-zone and three-zone tests without auxiliary cooling.
- Fixed test chamber design provides easy cable wiring for test measurements and voltage application.(TSA series)
- Equipped with an automatic safety door lock function that automatically locks the door and prevents opening when the internal chamber temperature is +190°C or higher.
- Eco operation can be performed during thermal shock testing from -70 to +200°C, thereby reducing power consumption by up to 35%. Power consumption can be further economized during tests with multiple cycles and long exposure time.
- Test area interior (TSA series)
- Main specifications
Test area High-temp. exposure range +60 to +300°C Low-temp. exposure range -70 to 0°C -65 to 0°C -65 to 0°C Temperature fluctuation ±1.0°C ±0.5°C ±0.5°C Hot chamber Pre-heat upper limit +350°C +305°C +330°C Temperature pull-down time Within 40 minutes from ambient temperature to +350°C Within 100 minutes from ambient temperature to +300°C Within 60 minutes from ambient temperature to +300°C Cold chamber Pre-cool lower limit -75°C -77°C -75°C Temperature pull-down time Within 45 minutes from ambient temperature to -75°C Within 90 minutes from ambient temperature to -77°C Within 90 minutes from ambient temperature to -65°C Temperature recovery performance Condition High temperature exposure +250°C
Low temperature exposure -40°C
Sensor location Up-stream side Specimen No specimen Plastic mold IC 5 kg Plastic mold IC 1 kg Temperature recovery time Within 20 minutes Within 5 minutes Within 10 minutes Test area dimensions (mm) W650×H460×D670 W710×H345×D410 W320×H148×D230
- TSD-100 Thermal Shock Chamber, 300°C model
- TSE-11-A-S Compact Thermal Shock Chamber, 300°C model
· -30°C ⇔ +260°C Specimen: Molded plastic components around vehicle engine