Environmental Management System
- ESPEC Environmental Basic Policies
- Environment Management Promotion System
- Mid-term Plan on the Environment
- Environmental Awareness Activities
ESPEC Environmental Basic Policies
Our Environmental Management Policy
"ESPEC will never harm the precious environment of the Earth.
Our responsibility is not be limited to the provision of superior services without imposing a burden on the environment. The ESPEC way is to seek opportunities to help the environment."
In keeping with the above Environmental Declaration, ESPEC strives to protect, conserve, and improve the environment. We adopted the ESPEC Environmental Management Policy in April 1996 and have continually improved upon it in order to accommodate global trends, the requests of stakeholders, and our own achievements and performance.
ESPEC will never harm the precious environment of the Earth.
Our responsibility is not be limited to the provision of superior services without imposing a burden on the environment. The ESPEC way is to seek opportunities to help the environment.
ESPEC recognizes that environmental conservation, preservation, and improvement are important themes for corporate management. Based on the following policies, we will strive to prevent global warming, promote recycling of resources, preserve biodiversity, and prevent pollution of the environment while we conduct environmental management activities and continually improve our products and services. In addition, we contribute to the realization of a sustainable society by supporting customers who are developing low-carbon technologies through the manufacturing, sales, and maintenance of environmental test systems, electronic device test systems, and energy device test systems, as well as through commissioned testing services. We will also strive to help realize a society with abundant biodiversity through our business that supplies in plants.
- ESPEC aims to help prevent global warming by developing technologies, products and services and providing them to customers.
- ESPEC shall contribute to preservation of the global environment by reducing the impact on the environment caused by design, manufacture, sales, maintenance and clerical work.
- As part of our corporate activities, we shall strive to apply 3R (reduce, reuse, and recycle) practices to our emissions and products, aim to further improve our environmental efficiency from a product life cycle perspective, and contribute to the realization of a recycling-oriented society.
- We shall strive to prevent pollution of the environment through green procurement and controlling toxic substances generated by our business activities, products and services.
- In order to realize a sustainable society, we shall provide products and services to customers who are committed to preserving biodiversity as well as strive to foster environmentally minded and engaged human resources.
- The company shall strive to realize robust environmental risk management by establishing voluntary standards as needed, along with strictly observing environmental laws/regulations and other requirements to which the organization has agreed.
We will put these policies into practice by setting environmental targets and goals that are technically and economically feasible, and by regularly reviewing our environmental management systems.
These basic environmental policies will be disseminated to all members of the organization as well as being made available to the general public.
April 1, 2018
Environment Management Promotion System
Acquisition of ISO 14001 Certification
After adopting environmental management in 1996 as a part of our business, we engaged in environmental management activities on a per-office basis and acquired ISO 14001 certification in an effort to continue strengthening our environmental governance. ESPEC underwent a general certification review in fiscal 2017, including for the three domestic companies ESPEC Test System Corp., ESPEC Kyushu Corp., and ESPEC MIC Corp.
Current Environmental Management System Certification
|Company||Date of acquisition|
|Domestic Group Companies
|January 26, 2018
|ESPEC ENVIRONMENTAL EQUIPMENT (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD.||September 8, 2004|
|ESPEC TEST EQUIPMENT (GUANG DONG)CO., LTD.||October 13, 2016|
Mid-term Plan on the Environment
The 7th Mid-Term Plan on the Environment (planned implementation period: FY2018-FY2021)
In order to contribute to the realization of a sustainable society through our business activities, we have formulated the 7th Mid-Term Plan on the Environment (planned implementation period: FY2018-FY2021).
This plan sets forth five objectives: "contribute to the prevention of global warming (through our products and services)," "reduce the environmental burden," "make our sites and operations eco-friendly," "prevent pollution," and "preserve biodiversity and contribute to society." These are to be achieved through various initiatives such as the provision of products and services to the field of low-carbon technology development, the development and provision of environmentally conscious products, energy saving and resource conservation efforts within our corporate activities, and the implementation of more and more nature restoration projects, which are all intended to further enhance environmental protection.
■ History of the Mid-Term Plan on the Environment
Environmental Awareness Activities
ESPEC Environmental Convention
ESPEC has named the week that includes World Environment Day (June 5) "ESPEC Environmental Week." Every year, we conduct various environmental awareness activities during that week. During the ESPEC Environmental Convention, the president introduces, among other things, the future environmental protection plan. The convention also features a commendation ceremony to applaud exceptional accomplishments and ideas with regard to environmental management activities, a presentation of those accomplishments and ideas by the award winners themselves, as well as special lectures by invited speakers. It was a good opportunity to raise all employees' awareness for environmental conservation and improvement.
Certification Test for Environmental Specialists (Eco Test)
With the objective to provide our employees with the skills and extensive knowledge necessary to work on environmental issues, we encourage our employees to obtain the Eco Test certification.
In FY2017, all the managerial staff and about 75% of our permanent employees received the certification.