Battery Charge-Discharge Test
- Test summary/features
The growth of devices running on lithium-ion batteries has created demand for high levels of precision and quality to support various applications. Charge/discharge cycle testing is one evaluation test method used to meet this demand. The test objective is to determine the number of times a battery can be used by evaluating it until it deteriorates after repeated cycles of charging and discharging. The standard method is to charge and discharge repeatedly at the recommended charge and discharge rates. Temperature cycle testing is also often performed, in which the test temperature is raised and lowered by placing the sample in a temperature chamber. For vehicle batteries, IEC 62660-1 calls for cycle life testing with the charge/discharge rates rapidly varied. A combination of charge/discharge profiles is used. Some profiles have a slightly larger charge quantity than discharge quantity, and others have a slightly larger discharge quantity than charge quantity.
Temperature characteristic testing is done to determine how much capacity can be input/output under several different temperature conditions. There are discharge temperature characteristic tests and charge temperature characteristic tests.
Constant-current load characteristic testing is done to determine how much capacity can be input/output with varying current rates. There are discharge load characteristic tests (in which the current rate is varied when the sample is discharging), and charge load characteristic tests (in which the current rate is varied when the sample is charging).
In addition to charge/discharge testing, ESPEC provides lithium-ion battery evaluations, and safety testing, test consulting and certification services for vehicle battery packs/modules. We also have a comprehensive range of testing/certification services for compliance with UNECE Regulation R100.
Advanced Battery Tester
- The integrated structure of the charge/discharge controller and temperature chamber creates an in-chamber, cable-free design. Reduces power loss caused by cables and improves electrical response, enabling high-precision, high-quality testing.
- Enables evaluation testing such as constant-current/voltage discharge tests, discharge temperature characteristic tests and discharge rate characteristic tests.
- Can be used for state of charge adjustments in safety testing for compliance with regulations required for lithium-ion batteries such as the UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods, and UNECE Regulation R100. (Restrictions on voltage and current exist.)
High Power Battery Tester
- Power supply run in parallel creates high power.
- Enables synchronous operation of temperature tank and charge/discharge power supply. Enables various standards compliance testing combining temperature conditions and charge/discharge conditions.
- Can be combined with various testers to perform various standards compliance testing.
- Equipment particulars
- Advanced Battery Tester (Contact us for more details)
Advanced Battery Tester Model ADBT-5-50-24-S ADBT-5-50-24-Ｔ ADBT-5-10-48-T ADBT-5-10-72-T Output voltage 0 to 5000mV Output current 0 to 50000mA 0 to 10000mA Number of channels 24 24 48 72 Temperature range -40°C to +100°C Number of temperature chambers 1 3
- High Power Battery Tester (Contact us for more details)
High Power Battery Tester Model HPBT-120-200-3 Output voltage 0 to 120V Output current 0 to 200A Number of channels 3 Temperature range -40°C to +100°C Number of temperature chambers 1