Environmental Management System
- ESPEC Environmental Basic Policies
- Environment Management Promotion System
- Mid-term Plan on the Environment
- Environmental Awareness Activities
ESPEC Environmental Basic Policies
Our Environmental Management Policy
"ESPEC will never harm the precious environment of the Earth.
Our responsibility is not be limited to the provision of superior services without imposing a burden on the environment. The ESPEC way is to seek opportunities to help the environment."
In keeping with the above Environmental Declaration, ESPEC strives to protect, conserve, and improve the environment. We adopted the ESPEC Environmental Management Policy in April 1996 and have continually improved upon it in order to accommodate global trends, the requests of stakeholders, and our own achievements and performance.
ESPEC will never harm the precious environment of the Earth.
Our responsibility is not be limited to the provision of superior services without imposing a burden on the environment. The ESPEC way is to seek opportunities to help the environment.
ESPEC recognizes that environmental conservation, preservation, and improvement are important themes for corporate management. Based on the following policies, we will strive to prevent global warming, promote recycling of resources, preserve biodiversity, and prevent pollution of the environment while we conduct environmental management activities and continually improve our products and services. By manufacturing, selling, and maintaining environmental testing equipment, electronic device testing systems, and energy device testing systems, and through laboratory testing services with these devices, we aim to contribute to customers who are developing low-carbon technologies.
- ESPEC aims to help prevent global warming by developing technologies, products and services and providing them to customers.
- We aim to contribute to biodiversity through participation in and cooperation with regional ecosystem preservation projects (in cities, rural settlements, managed forests, wilderness areas).
- We shall strive to prevent pollution of the environment through green procurement and controlling toxic substances generated by our business activities, products and services.
- We shall contribute to the realization of a recycling-oriented society by striving to practice the 3Rs (reduce, reuse, recycle) concerning our products and the waste generated by our business activities.
- ESPEC shall contribute to preservation of the global environment by reducing the impact on the environment caused by design, manufacture, sales, maintenance and clerical work.
- The company shall strive to realize robust environmental risk management by establishing voluntary standards as needed, along with strictly observing environmental laws/regulations and other requirements to which the organization has agreed.
We will put these policies into practice by setting environmental targets and goals that are technically and economically feasible, and by regularly reviewing our environmental management systems.
These basic environmental policies will be disseminated to all members of the organization as well as being made available to the general public.
April 1, 2016
Environment Management Promotion System
Acquisition of ISO 14001 Certification
After adopting environmental management in 1996 as a part of our business, we engaged in environmental management activities on a per-office basis and acquired ISO 14001 certification in an effort to continue strengthening our environmental governance.
Current Environmental Management System Certification
|Company||Environmental management system||Date of acquisition|
|ESPEC CORP.||ISO 14001||December 26, 1996|
|ESPEC TEST SYSTEM CORP.||ISO 14001||March 12, 2003|
|ESPEC KYUSHU CORP.||ISO 14001||August 4, 2004|
|ESPEC ENVIRONMENTAL EQUIPMENT
(SHANGHAI) CO., LTD.
|ISO 14001||September 8, 2004|
|ESPEC MIC CORP.||Eco-Action 21||April 27, 2005|
Mid-term Plan on the Environment
6th Mid-term Plan on the Environment (FY2014 to FY2016)
ESPEC's Sixth Mid-term Environmental Plan went into effect in fiscal 2014. We will reinforce and promote our product- and service-centered environmental management. In the Sixth Plan, like the Fifth Plan before it, prevention of global warming is a major focus. We are reducing CO2 emissions produced by manufacturing, offering laboratory testing services, and processing.
Fiscal 2016 Total CO2 emission reduction: 10,000 tonnes or more
Fiscal 2015 Total CO2 emission reduction: 9,000 tonnes or more
Fiscal 2014 Total CO2 emission reduction: 8,000 tonnes or more
* The total reduction in CO2 emissions represents the total of “CO2 emission reduction in the past year by products used by the customers,” “CO2 emission reduction in commissioned testing” and “CO2 emission reduction in the production and clerical departments”
Environmental Awareness Activities
Lectures by invited speakers
ESPEC Environmental Convention
ESPEC has named the week that includes World Environment Day (June 5) "ESPEC Environmental Week." Every year, we conduct various environmental awareness activities during that week. In 2016, approximately 140 employees and business partners participated in the ESPEC Environmental Convention held during the ESPEC Environmental Week. During the convention, the president presented a "more proactive environmental management" plan that integrates business and environmental strategies. The convention also featured a commendation ceremony to applaud exceptional accomplishments and ideas with regard to environmental management activities, a presentation of those accomplishments and ideas by the award winners themselves, as well as special lectures by invited speakers. It was a good opportunity to raise all employees' awareness for environmental conservation and improvement.
Certification Test for Environmental Specialists (Eco Test)
With the objective to provide our employees with the skills and extensive knowledge necessary to work on environmental issues, we encourage our employees to obtain the Eco Test certification.
In FY2015, all the managerial staff and about 76% of our permanent employees received the certification.